Thursday 9 January 2014

#Janathon Day 9 - Full Body Gym Workout

Today I met with my fitness instructor at Surrey Sports Park to run through my current workout and some additional excercises to include further focus on my legs and core, this will give me a complete workout for fat loss and strength building.

To warm-up I completed a 10 minute interval pattern on the cross-trainer before completing 2 sets of 8-12 reps on the Chest Press, Seated Row, Pulldown and Leg Press machines (remembering to rest for 45 seconds between each set). To keep my heart-rate up I moved to the Summit trainer/stepper and completed a 6 minute mixed hill climb.

Moving into the free weights and conditioning zone, I completed 2 sets of front squats with a 5kg corebag and 2 sets of Squat & Press with 4kg dumbells, before jumping onto a static cycle for a 8 minute mixed hill climb, maintaining around 80-90rpm, by this point I was lovely and 'glowing' (a sweaty mess!).

To complete my workout, we focused on core, completing 2 sets of 12-15 reps of Oblique crunch with knee lifts, forearm and side planks, focusing on maintaining correct form.

#Janathon Day 9 - 60 minute Full Body Gym Workout

No comments:

Post a Comment